Friday, April 5, 2013

IGN All: Time to Get Excited for Marvel Phase Two

IGN All
The latest IGN news, reviews and videos about video games, movies, TV, tech and comics
Time to Get Excited for Marvel Phase Two
Apr 5th 2013, 23:56

I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong.

A few years ago, even before my time at IGN, I was writing about my concern over Marvel's shared universe concept. How planning something as massive as The Avengers, which depended almost entirely on other movies that hadn't been released yet, was a huge risk.

But as each movie came out and destroyed the box office, I became suspicious that my concerns were all for nothing. And on May 4, 2012, when The Avengers finally released, those suspicions were confirmed.

With what they've accomplished, it would be ridiculously easy for Marvel to sit back and churn out sequel after sequel through the usual Hollywood meat grinder. While we're obviously getting direct sequels with things like Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, there's a very conscious effort from Marvel Studios not to rest on their laurels as they continue to try and push the limits of what can be achieved in blockbuster cinema.

Continue reading…

Media files:
marvel_rocket_rac-610x341.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment