Monday, August 26, 2013

IGN All: Teleglitch: Die More Edition Review

IGN All
The latest IGN news, reviews and videos about video games, movies, TV, tech and comics 
Subscribe to Bloomberg Businessweek

Get Bloomberg Businessweek for 84% off what others pay on the newsstand - that's like getting 38 complimentary issues! Sign up today.
From our sponsors
Teleglitch: Die More Edition Review
Aug 27th 2013, 00:39, by Emanuel Maiberg

I'm coming up on what I really hope is the end of level 5 in Teleglitch: Die More Edition, and I have my favorite guns modded just the way I like them and plenty of ammo. I have bombs, medkits and armor. I even crafted myself a detector that shows me the locations of enemies nearby, a major luxury item I had to clear out the entire Materials Packing Complex to get. I'm finally getting off this miserable planet, I think confidently. That is a huge mistake. It's exactly when I feel this incredible sense of accomplishment that makes me love Teleglitch that it decides to punish me too harshly.

I enter a room and the doors slide shut behind me. I didn't even know that could happen. Two huge mutant monstrosities I've never encountered before mow me down in a hail of gunfire, overkill considering it only takes two or three bullets to kill me. I've lost an hour of progress, maybe years of my life due to high blood pressure, all in a blink of an eye. The Game Over message, where Teleglitch usually makes fun of me dying in some backhanded way suggests, "Perhaps you should take a break?" Which is really the ultimate insult. I audibly tell the game to go to hell, rage quit and promise myself I'll never play it again.

Continue reading…

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment