Thursday, June 27, 2013

IGN All: Almost Human: Fringe Team's New Sci-Fi Series

Changes are afoot at Blogtrottr!
By popular request, we're bringing in paid plans with some cool new features (and more on the way). You can read all about it in our blog post.
IGN All
The latest IGN news, reviews and videos about video games, movies, TV, tech and comics
Almost Human: Fringe Team's New Sci-Fi Series
Jun 27th 2013, 23:27

Having just wrapped up five years on Fringe as a writer, executive producer and showrunner, J.H. Wyman went straight to work on his new project, Almost Human. Once again re-teaming with J.J. Abrams for a FOX sci-fi series, Almost Human, created by Wyman, tells the story of two cops in the year 2048 – a human (Karl Urban) and his robot partner (Michael Ealy).

I spoke to Wyman about what to expect from Almost Human when it debuts in November, how the idea came about and what other connections it could have to Fringe both behind and in front of the camera.

IGN TV: Let's start with the basics – where did this idea come from?

J.H. Wyman: Actually the inception of it -- I'm a big fan of old shows like Six Million Dollar Man, things like that -- but really how it came about was I'm actually desperately afraid of technology and how it's sort of changing us and in what ways. And I started to notice some from very profound ways in my daughter, who's 21. She would text me all the time, and I would always say to her, "Don't text me. Pick up the phone and call me. I want to hear your voice. I'm your dad, when I hear your voice, I know when you're okay or not." But it was one of those things where she was like, "Dad, we just don't communicate like that anymore." I was like, "Wow, that's really strange." But other things started to occur to me about our connection and how we're failing. Like if you and I have some sort of problem and I say, "I'm sorry," and I have to come to you and say, "Listen, man. I'm really sorry about what I did. It was a mistake. Will you forgive me?", a whole bunch of things are going on in my head, in my brain. Chemicals are firing, and I'm feeling empathy. I'm feeling remorse and things, and it's very hard for me to have to get closer to you in order for you to forgive me. But usually in a text I can just say, "Hey, man. I'm so sorry. We all good?" And that's the end of it, so there's no connection.

Continue reading…

Media files:
human4jpg-5ea31d_640w-610x406.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment