Friday, April 26, 2013

IGN All: Star Trek: The Game Review

IGN All
The latest IGN news, reviews and videos about video games, movies, TV, tech and comics
Star Trek: The Game Review
Apr 27th 2013, 00:10

As a life-long fan of the shows and films, I've seen a lot of bad Star Trek in my time... but playing Star Trek: The Game reminded me that it'll never get any easier to see the potential of one of science fiction's greatest universes squandered on a barely serviceable, paint-by-numbers third-person shooter. Terrible animations, dull combat, repetitive puzzles, and rampant bugs wore out Star Trek's welcome long before its pointless story came to an end.

What did I expect from a licensed game released a few weeks ahead of a major movie? Oh, I don't know... how about a plot that's more ambitious than, "Oh no, velociraptors with ray guns have stolen a superweapon, we'd better shoot them until we get it back! Pew pew pew. The end." No? Too much? Alright then, how about combat that isn't completely generic, featuring a clever weapon perhaps? Maybe some kind of substantial difference between the two playable characters? Or even a reasonable expectation that a bug won't cause my own weapon to explode in my face when I fire a charged shot? Nope, nope, and nope.

Continue reading…

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment