Sunday, April 28, 2013

IGN All: Game of Thrones: "Kissed by Fire" Review

IGN All
The latest IGN news, reviews and videos about video games, movies, TV, tech and comics
Game of Thrones: "Kissed by Fire" Review
Apr 29th 2013, 03:21

Warning: Full spoilers for the episode follow...

"It's always summer under the sea. I know, I know. Oh, oh oh. The birds have scales and the fish take wing..."

Wow.

Okay, so last week's episode was freakin' great and filled with some really big crowd-pleasing/shocking moments and deaths. But this week's very expansive "Kissed by Fire," exceptionally written by Bryan Cogman, was even better despite not having last week's badass jaw-dropping moments. This was the first Game of Thrones episode - and I'm saying this as someone who's read the books and knows generally where each story is headed - that made me really emotional. I teared up when Arya told Gendry "I can be your family," during Jaime's bathtub speech (scene of the year?) and then again finally during the closing credits featuring Shireen Baratheon singing the "I know, oh oh oh" song.  Bottom line, this week's installment turned me into a bit of a sobbing mess.

Continue reading…

Media files:
Kissed_by_Fire_Robb.jpg (image/jpeg)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment