Wednesday, September 25, 2013

IGN All: How Kingdom Hearts III Will Grow Up With Its Players

IGN All
The latest IGN news, reviews and videos about video games, movies, TV, tech and comics 
The Best Way to Manage your Money.

Start using Mint today to set a budget, track your goals and do more with your money.
From our sponsors
How Kingdom Hearts III Will Grow Up With Its Players
Sep 25th 2013, 08:00, by Luke Karmali

I've got a confession to make: when my 12 year-old self sat down to play Kingdom Hearts for the first time, he wasn't exactly blown away. I had only recently finished Final Fantasy X and was looking for a title that would have a similarly profound effect on me, but quickly felt concerned about the pacing and comparatively frivolous story beats of the game's early hours. I also wasn't totally into seeing some of my favourite video game characters of all time, specifically Tidus, Wakka and Yuna, reimagined as youngsters. An hour in, I didn't think this was the game for me.

Ten hours later, my eyes starting to itch from exhaustion, I was prepared to accept that I was wrong. Over a decade later and with many more Kingdom Hearts adventures under my belt, it's fair to say that I completely underestimated how significant a role the series would play in my life. The Kingdom Hearts titles have provided me with more than just happy afternoons whiled away in front of my tellybox; the wider arc that Sora and the series have taken has mirrored the development of both me and my gaming generation.

Continue reading…

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment