Monday, February 11, 2013

IGN All: The Freedom of Lego City: Undercover

IGN All
The latest IGN news, reviews and videos about video games, movies, TV, tech and comics
The Freedom of Lego City: Undercover
Feb 11th 2013, 18:02

If you're anything like me, the first thing you do when you play Grand Theft Auto is drive - and cause mayhem doing it. That's more or less what I did the second I was allowed to go anywhere and do anything within Lego City: Undercover, which is effectively Traveller's Tale's riff on the juggernaut franchise.

My previous experiences with Undercover were more focused - have Chase McCain track down this person or head to a specific location. Build this. Break that. There's nothing wrong with any of that, but it was when I really started to explore a brand new city - one free from all the licenses and brands of the past - that this Wii U exclusive started to click.

Of course, despite the fact that I was supposed to go do something, I started tearing through this fictional world, which is more or less an amalgamation of all major United States cities. Famous landmarks, bridges and locales are very much inspired by places from San Francisco and New York. Chances are you'll spot something that looks just like the Brooklyn Bridge, and last time I played the game, I went to something that was clearly an homage to Alcatraz Island.

Continue reading…

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment